Wednesday, August 11, 2010
1984 (Part 1 of Book 1)
So I am around chapter 7 and Winston has for sometime been writing in his hidded journal. The creativity of the book is astounding. It really makes you think about things. Ponder this thought with me for a second. How lucky are we? I can not even begin to imagine life where my own thoughts are not safe. Where writing in a journal is a crime. Sometimes the only way to let all of it out is to write. If I couldn't even do that, things would be bad. Not to mention, what whould it be to grow up in a world where children betray parents? Thats a horid thought to have your own children sell you out for a crime as innocent as thinking. In Winston's world, it seems like the only person you can really trust is yourself, and even then your own thoughts might betray you. Now that...that is extremely scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment