Saturday, August 14, 2010

1980 (Book 3 to the end)

Alas we come to the final blog for the final book. So sad. So, what can I say about what I read? Uhh....great! From the beginnig of Book 3 I could not pull myself from the page. I literally woke up, put on my glasses, and then I just read. I had to know what happens and I am blown away. Really, the most scariest thing in that book was how they could corrupt you. I mean when Winston was being interrogated the entire time I was thinking to myself, Don't let them break you, Winston. But in the end they did. Of course it was through pain and torture. I guess...I guess that I assumed the ending would be something like Winston, Julia, and the Brotherhood taking down Big Brother. But then, I guess that's not really possible, is it? Just like the handbook said. When one power goes down another has to rise. Someone always has to have power don't they.

No comments:

Post a Comment